The Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse
is located at 615 East Houston Street in San Antonio's central business district near the Alamo. The building, which was originally built in the 1930s, went through a major renovation project that began in November of 2010, with a completion date of Spring 2012. The remodeling and upgrades were phased by floor, and the first floor completed was the 5th floor. Service Shade Shop applied approximately 20,000 square feet of window film to over 480 windows. The process began with the removal of old window film and the repainting of the window frames, followed by a major cleaning of the windows before the new Madico window film was applied.
Service Shade Shop was selected for the project by The Beck Group
general contractors, which had previously employed the firm for many other projects. Service Shade Shop was established in 1932, and continues to provide window treatments for the greater San Antonio area including blinds, shades, draperies and window film, for residential and commercial applications.